The objective of this course is to introduce the main concepts and technologies related to Big Data and Data Analytics and its applications to real projects.
The course brings together key information technologies used in manipulating, storing, and analysing data including:
- Introduction to storage and process unstructured data. Main concepts of NoSQL databases
- Large scale processing: Apache Spark and its core libraries for data manipulation, machine learning, data streams and graph analytics
- Characterization of a data mining problem and its relation with business intelligence, dig data and exploratory statistics
- Basic concepts of data visualization and tools
- Awareness on existing biases in Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) from a multidisciplinary perspective